PCI Software Security Framework (PCI SSF) as been put forth by the PCI Standard Security Council, is a set of defined software security standards and assert all the associated validations related to the design and development of modern payment software system.
Under this framework, PCI Secure Software Standard v1.0 (PCI SSS) & PCI Secure SLC Standard (Secure SLC) v1.0 standards have been formed and put forth, intended to be used by payment software vendors. Apart from that a Validation framework has also been placed for software vendors, along with a qualification program for assessors
- PCI Secure Software Standard (PCI SSS) v1.0 defines the security requirements and procedures essential for the protection of integrity and confidentiality of payment data.
- PCI Software Life Cycle (PCI SLC) v1.0 outlines the requirements and procedures for vendors to validate how they manage the security of payment software, while developing the entire software lifecycle.
Eventually PA-DSS and its components will be adapted into PCI-SSF, after its expiration in 2022
More Info : PCI SSF – New Standards to reinforce payment application security
As your PCI Software Security Framework (PCI SSF ) compliance partner, QRC will assist and assess you at each step of your compliance activity, right from scope definition until attaining compliant status.
With scheduled health checks, QRC will provide insights regarding:
- Current Status of implemented PCI Software design & validity controls
- Compliance with the PCI Software Security Framework standards and its components, and the organization's policy procedure requirements.
PCI Software Security Framework Gap Assessment
- With Gap Assessment, QRC will help you understand whether the compliance posture of the business meets with standard’s PCI Software Security Framework requirements.
- Our Certified experts will have a closer look at your organization's business processes, implemented controls, potential and existing business requirements, and then compare it with the PCI SSF standard requirement.
Awareness Training & Implementation Workshop
- Lack of awareness among the working person has been seen as the significant reason for failure in compliance of a business, as observed in through research.
- QRC aims to bridge that awareness gap by imparting training regarding secure software development and maintenance practices and providing hands-on experience through implementation workshops on the same to the employees.
Scope Definition :
- Identify the relevant aspects of the software/process or both, and requirements and materials necessary to perform the assessment effectively.
- Qualified professional will determine the gaps in the controls and will provide the necessary support for recommendation and remediation for the same.
- Provide regular status report to all the concerned person for better visibility of the project.
- Account for client requirements and customize everything accordingly.
- Regular Brainstorming session with all interested parties for better conclusions and documentation.
- Adhering to the PCI Software Security Framework compliance requirements, QRC will help you in eliminating the risk of unnecessary penalties and Data Breach Complications.
- Decreasing the probable attack surface of your software environment and assure that appropriate security & protection mechanism are in place.
- Ensure that critical assets are protected and secure authentication and access controls are implemented.
- Ensure you are meeting your legal obligations and comply with any other applicable regulations.
- Provide customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you securely manage the risk of the software product, process and environment.
- Ensuring Business Continuity by implementing an internationally recognized, structured methodology for risk management within your organization.
- Providing Protection against Emerging Security Threats and include any changes in the applicable regulatory standards.